Over the summer, I read books at camp when I had free time, and at my grandparents. I really enjoyed "Rain Reign" and "The Shadow Hero", but actually ended up giving up on "Lockdown" and "The Luxe" because I didn't find myself paying enough attention.
"Rain Reign", by Ann M. Martin, is about a girl named Rose, who suffers from autism and is obsessed with finding homonyms. She has a dog named Rain, who is very special to her because she has a homonym in her name (Rain, Reign). She also has a routine to follow every day, which involves walking her dog, eating dinner and doing her homework, all in a specific order. She and Rain are often home alone, as her mother is gone and her dad spends most of his time at the bar. Her uncle helps out a lot with her. One night, a hurricane hits, and Rose's father lets Rain out. She is sad and confused when her routine has to change. Her and her uncle try and try to find Rain, and eventually, they do. But they weren't the only ones.
In "The Shadow Hero" by Gene Luen Yang, a boy living in New York City during immigration runs a store with his dad. He sees all the dangers around him, and his mom makes him a suit to be the green turtle after a superhero saves her. He fights a lot of dangers, but when he couldn't stop his dads death, a turtle spirit comes out of his dads body and grants him one wish. He becomes invincible to guns, and becomes a superhero, fighting the dangers of where he lives.
"Rain Reign" was my favorite book I read this summer, and I actually recommended it to a few people. "The Shadow Hero" was good too!
that book (Rain, Reign) sounds really interesting! also, i've totally given up on books before too. :)
ReplyDeleteyour support means a lot to me, a whole lot. I really appreciate your thoughtful commenting, and i now know im not alone in the struggle of giving up on LIBROS
DeleteHi Remy,
ReplyDeleteYou were in my class last year and you told me to read Twilight so yeah I loved it. Thanks!